The Benefits of BJJ
There are several common traits among successful people no matter that industry, whether it be business, sports to art, they include a hunger for learning, dedication, humbleness and self discipline.
The benefits of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu reach far beyond attaining self defence skills.
1) A major benefit of a martial art like Brazilian Jiu Jitsu unlike traditional sporting culture, it promotes a healthy lifestyle on and off the mats. You will want to eat cleaner, sleep better and be healthier in general when the BJJ bug really takes hold.
2) A person will not last in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu if you cannot get rid of your ego, you will always be beaten by someone smaller, weaker that is more technically proficient which can be a very humbling lesson.
3) Going through tough experiences helps develop stronger bonds between people and along with the close contact nature of the sport, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is a great way to build new friends with like minded people.
4) Its a fun way to exercise and get in learn some self defence skills at the same time.
5) Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is sometimes called the sport of “Human Chess” and like chess, BJJ is a mentally stimulating sport and great for sharpening your brain.
6) Mediation isn’t the first things that pop into ones mind when one thinks BJJ, however, BJJ is a great form of mediation. When sparring, BJJ will take 100% of your focus and you will not be thinking about anything else in life – the purpose of mediation. It will help build your mental fortitude and overtime, it will make you a mentally stronger person.